Thursday, January 21, 2016

So how's it goin'?

Already 21 days into the new year and already 21 days behind with those noble resolutions I made. The start of 2016 is especially important to me because it's the first year I've entered into the fully retired portion of life. Because of my newfound freedom and empty calendars I felt it important to plan some really worthy improvements. I won't bore you all with my list of resolutions...especially since I'm failing with them daily but I am curious if others have the same problem.

I have come to the conclusion that along with my wonderful talents, darn good looks and overall congeniality I am also very lazy. I bought a new fountain pen and classy journal to record my daily actions and thoughts beginning January 1 of this year. I have yet to put ink in the pen and I have no idea where I placed the journal.

I vowed to post on this page every Monday morning. It's Thursday if you've not noticed and I missed Monday the two previous weeks as well.

The spreadsheet to record daily caloric intake and burned calories has not been opened on my computer since the day I built it in November of last year. I started out the year with a "couple of extra pounds to lose" and this morning weighed in thirteen pounds heavier than I weighed in November.

On the plus side, I have made it a point to sleep in longer and make sure I don't miss any meals. I feel it's important to keep a strict schedule. I have also placed my rowing machine in the "play room" so it's more accessible. I hope to use it soon. I have set my study up as a peaceful place to create and write. It kind of wore me out moving the furniture around so I haven't actually written anything yet but I love the ambiance of the room.

I hope you have been at least as successful as I've been so far this year. I have a suggestion to give you. This is a resolution I made years ago and it has remained a part of my life. Promise to do a random act of kindness every day. It is a simple thing, maybe nothing more than a genuine smile to an overworked clerk, but it will make the recipient feel good and it will make you feel great. I have tons of suggestions but since I tend to ignore my own good advice I'll stop there. Besides, its time for me to get started on another short story....after I stop for a cup of coffee and visit with Debbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment